John-1-1-Theology.htm--SBT Sent a John 1:1 list to the Experts of Jehovah-s-Witnesses-1617/Theology -9/1/2006
Jehovah`s Witness - Theology
what was sent to Janko -
And view His Answer after the list and the View Follow-Ups
TO Expert: Janko - 9/1/2006
Infro For You from www.simplebibletruths.net
A Non-Trinitarian Oneness Reference Library is Online---Check This Out
Who First Translated John1.1 Right =After The Nicene Creed Makers
Some Say The Truth Hurts or Hurts There Cause.
Here is a List of Historical Bibles that The Oneness and Tri-ist Ignore.
IGNORING THIS HISIORICAL LIST OF---JOHN 1.1 –WHY ?
–Ask Those Who Do—
and Show Them This
(1) In a beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and a god was the Word.
1865 Diaglot NT Free Downloads For Diaglot
C/H -open--- http://www.onlinebible.net/bibles2.html Online Now
See No.’s—52 THRU 56-For Whose in Harmony—And Online Now-
No 1 --on Yahoo Search—Enter JOHN1onePLUS.htm
See at the Top of this page-Open
(2) Harwood, 1768, "and was himself a divine person"
(3) Newcome, 1808, "and the word was a god"
(4) Thompson, 1829, "the Logos was a god
(5) Goodspeed, 1939, "the Word was divine
(6) Torrey, 1947, "the Word was god
(7) New English, 1961, "what God was,the Word was"
(8) Moffatt, 1972, "the Logos was divine
(9) Reijnier Rooleeuw, 1694, "and the Word was a god"
(10) Simple English Bible, "and the Message was Deity"
(11) Hermann Heinfetter, 1863, [A]s a god the Command was"
(12) Abner Kneeland, 1822, "The Word was a God"
(13) Robert Young, 1885, (Concise Commentary) "[A]nd a God (i.e. a Divine Being) was the Word"
(14) Leicester Ambrose, 1879, "And the logos was a god"
(15) Charles A.L. Totten, 1900, "the Word was Deistic [=The Word was Godly]
(16) J.N. Jannaris, 1901, [A]nd was a god"
(17) George William Horner, 1911, [A]nd (a) God was the word"
(18) Ernest Findlay Scott, 1932, "[A]nd the Word was of divine nature"
(19) ames L. Tomanec, 1958, [T]he Word was a God"
(20) Philip Harner, 1974, "The Word had the same nature as God"
(21) Maximilian Zerwich S.J./Mary Grosvenor, 1974, "The Word was divine"
(22) Siegfried Schulz, 1975, "And a god (or, of a divine kind) was the Word"
(23) Translator's NT, 1973, "The Word was with God and shared his nature
(24) Barclay, 1976, "the nature of the Word was the same as the nature of God"
(25) Schneider, 1978, "and godlike sort was the Logos
(26) Schonfield, 1985, "the Word was divine
(27) Revised English, 1989, "what God was, the Word was
(28) Cotton Parch Version, 1970, and the Idea and God were One
(29) Scholar's Version, 1993, "The Divine word and wisdom was there with God, and it was what God was
(30) Madsen, 1994, "the Word was <EM>a divine Being"
(31) Becker, 1979, "ein Gott war das Logos" [a God/god was the Logos/logos]
(32) Stage, 1907, "Das Wort war selbst gttlichen Wesens" [The Word/word was itself a divine Being/being].
(33) Bhmer, 1910, "Es war fest mit Gott verbunden, ja selbst gttlichen Wesens" [It was strongly linked to God, yes itself divine Being/being]
(34) Thimme, 1919, "Gott von Art war das Wort" [God of Kind/kind was the Word/word]
(35) Baumgarten et al, 1920, "Gott (von Art) war der Logos" [God (of Kind/kind) was the Logos/logos]
(36) Holzmann, 1926, "ein Gott war der Gedanke" [a God/god was the Thought/thought]
(37) Rittenlmeyer, 1938, "selbst ein Gott war das Wort" [itself a God/god was the Word/word]
(38) Lyder Brun (Norw. professor of NT theology), 1945, "Ordet var av guddomsart" [the Word was of divine kind]
(39) Pfaefflin, 1949, "war von gttlicher Wucht [was of divine Kind/kind]
(40) Albrecht, 1957, "gttlichen Wesen hatte das Wort" [godlike Being/being had the Word/word]
(41) Smit, 1960, "verdensordet var et guddommelig vesen" [the word of the world was a divine being]
(42) Menge, 1961, "Gott (= gttlichen Wesens) war das Wort"[God(=godlike Being/being) was the Word/word)
(43) Haenchen, 1980, "Gott (von Art) war der Logos" [God (of Kind/kind) was the Logos/logos]
(44) Die Bibel in heutigem Deutsch, 1982, "r war bei Gott und in allem Gott gleich"[He was with God and in all like God]
(45) Haenchen (tr. By R. Funk), 1984, "divine (of the category divinity)was the Logos"
(46) Schultz, 1987, "ein Gott (oder: Gott von Art) war das Wort" [a God/god (or: God/god of Kind/kind) was the Word/word].
(47) William Temple, Archbishop of York, 1933, "And the Word was divine."
(48) John Crellius, Latin form of German, 1631, "The Word of Speech was a God"
(49) Greek Orthodox /Arabic translation, 1983, "the word was with Allah[God] and the word was a god"
(50) Ervin Edward Stringfellow (Prof. of NT Language and Literature/Drake University, 1943, "And the Word was Divine"
(51) Robert Harvey, D.D., 1931 "and the Logos was divine (a divine being
To see how Jesus was described at John 1:1 in the most ancient Coptic texts, C/H- http://www.integlogic.com/sahidica/pages/sahidicpaper1990.html
It is noteworthy that the New Testament was translated into three languages
during the Koine period (b.330 AD), that is, while the Koine (common) Greek
was still the lingua franca of the Roman world and universally understood
Best Non Trinity Bibles open BestNonTrinityBibles.htm
JOHN1onePLUS.htm-- Open- Theology.htm and TheGWGPNC Rule.htm
Vine’s Dictionary on a-god--VinesOn-agodPLUS.htm---- Open For Preface.htm -- ThePeoplesCourt.htm
With Spiritual Love Always---GW
We know all these facts that there are many versions of John 1:1, nothing knew to me or our organization. Whats the point of this? This fact is all cleared up for us . In the last book of the Bible, namely, in Revelation 19:13, John calls him “The Word of God,” saying: “And his name is called The Word of God.” (AV; Dy) Note that his name is not called “God the Word,” but is called “The Word of God,” or God’s Word. Hence John 1:1 must mean, at most, that the Word was of God.
Janko—Ask What’s the point of this
Answer GW writes on 2006-09-03
Excellent Answer-Janko--The point is you got it—you got the
point—Congregations--Many do not.
There are many versions of John 1:1, but Millions of People think
The JW’s NWT is the Only One that Translates it that way---and the word was a god—
Now your readers can know the truth also.
But there is more!!!
How does this tie into the Real Theology of the Original Manuscripts---Part of the answer is in your WT Library. Print the articles for your
Viewers --if you can find them in your Library.
There are only partial articles in Your Library that discloses the matter –and-
addresses it to the Original Manuscripts-.
Do you need help with what keywords (it takes) to pull them up in your WT Library search engine to show your Viewers ??
The WT has it right –but needs to extend on it---
It would be nice for you to get them out of your Library for your Readers --if you can--- GW
The Question Should be Posted as Theology effects Jn 1.1 How and Why Compared to the Original Manuscripts-?
This Question goes beyond any Versions--or Translaton---Janko--Are you a Translator ?
N0 1 On google list
(4) Thompson, 1829, "the Logos was a god (5) Goodspeed, 1939, "the Word was divine (6) Torrey, 1947, "the Word was god (7) New English, 1961, "what God was ...
en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/Theol .. - 22k - Similar pages
1768 and was himself a divine person ... Harwood 1808 and the word was a god ... Newcome 1829 the Logos was a god ... Thompson 1864 and a god was the Word . ...
en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-161... - 21k - Similar pages